Benefits of Big Top’s Fabric Building Frames
The foundation of a solid, tension fabric structure is a sound and well-constructed framework. We use the highest quality galvanized steel frames for our fabric buildings, and they provide our clients with an array of benefits. They not only have a long, useful lifespan of between 20 and 40 years – although our frames traditionally last much longer – they are also corrosion and rust resistance, as well as practically maintenance free for the duration of their use.
Our construction process also sets our fabric building frames apart from the competition. We staff only the most trained, experienced welders whose process of construction is recognized and certified by the American Welding Society. Their craftsmanship is held to a set of extremely high standards which, in turn, results in an incredibly high quality end product for our clients.
Our frames are made in-house and arrive at your location in several pieces, all modular and ready to be easily interconnected and installed to form the foundation of your fabric building solution. A few qualities our strong steel frames possess include:
- Hot dipped interior and exterior with a zinc-04 finish which fights rust and corrosion in various environments.
- Constructed from 55,000 PSI galvanized steel tubing for extra strength
- A range of frame wall thicknesses to meet the varying needs of your application
- A range of exterior-measured diameters from 1.660 to 3.50 inches
- Choices of cadmium-plated assembly bolts, as well as galvanized grade 5, A-325 and A-307
- Custom designed, full length base rails support the shelter of most of our models
Our fabric shelter frames also bear impressive wind loads and snow loads. Each one is designed to withstand wind loads of up to 120 miles per hour; snow loads of up to 40 pounds per square foot; and each is designed to comply with Zone 4 earthquake specifications and conditions.
If your fabric building requires a frame outside of our traditional construction, we have experts in house to discuss your options and best solutions with you.